I have flown the nest. It was Friday 13th when i sat for 5 hours in a car, heading to my next destination. Every time I heard the water in my fish tank *flmp* I flinched and braced for every bump. I felt my fish's discomfort. It didn't feel as long as it was. Maybe because we left early morning, or maybe it was because we didn't really stop. I don't know.
The many places along the way caught my fascination. One house in particular just inside a town. Perched atop a hill alone on stilts sat an old rusted ex-home. Why did it catch my attention so? Just another dilapidated, abandoned home. It shouldn't be there, really. In all realistic thought, no it shouldn't be there. A while back a cyclone flattened the area, the worst affected area? This town. Roofs gone, houses destroyed. I saw, on a previous drive, a space that had once had a shed. It was gone now. To the left I saw it.; in the neighbor's front yard. But yet, amidst all of that destruction, that little house stood unscathed. How? No one will ever know. But maybe if people had known that that house was somehow blessed, they would have evacuated everyone to old buildings atop hills.
There was much death on route to my destination. Rats, Bandicoots, Birds and Kangaroos. I guess it was to be expected. Wildlife and roads don't mix well, mainly for the wildlife. They always come out with the worst of it. They pretty much always die. But I imagine a person wouldn't fair too well against a car, or a semi.
So my destination? My new home of course. I share with six other people and we all have one thing in common. We're all attending University.
So as I sit here in my three-by-three room at my desk, fish to my right, bed to my left and posters surrounding me, typing this my stomach is doing gymnastics. And it's really talented, you should know. Not that I'm enjoying its performance one bit. I am all alone in this big wide world now, dad has just left and even though I know that they are coming back next weekend, and even though I know that if I was ever in trouble help was just a phone call away ... day by day, night by night I am alone.
On Monday its off to Uni, more people which means: more judging, more rumors, more bitching, more back-stabbing, just more and more shit that I don't need nor want. I'd much prefer to just get my course over and done with and get back to my life. But then again ... I'll never be able to do this again, and I don't want regrets. Joel, Dillon, Matthew, Emily and Christina are not going to ruin this opportunity, both socially and educationally, just because they are good for nothing 'friends'. Why do I type it like that? Because they are not friends and are certainly no friends of mine. I've hacked gleefully at that bond. The blood covers my face and body. And I'm smiling.
So lets take a look-see at my room, shall we?
My door
My wardrobe.
My backdoor and bookcase. 
My window.
Posters and the end of my bed.
More posters.
Posters and aircon next to my bed.

Cards and personal stuff next to my bed.
The top of my bed, its very comfy!
Posters above my bed.
Posters and photos above desk and next to.

So wish me luck for tomorrow when two more students come to stay. there is already a Japanese guy on the top floor and one guy down on ground floor with me. A girl and kiwi guy are moving in down here tomorrow. Don't ask me how that's going to go because I don't know.
But wish me luck.
Food time now xoxo
1 comment:
Good Luck!
Twilight Rocks. Maximum Ride Rocks! The Tomorrow Series Rocks!
So does Ruby Gloom.
Ur room Looks Tiny. I dont think I'd be Able to handle it.
Post a Comment