I'm feeling better today.
I think I might try to post here as often as I can.
I'm stressed about one of my assignments but not the other two... maybe because I feel a little overwhelmed with modelling and animation but not illustration. Which is nice as I don't plan on solely being a modeller or animator (though I'm willing to dabble in it to broaden my field of skills).
I'm kind of regretting having pizza and coke for dinner... after homecooked meals by my mate and I and then cooking for myself instant, oven and takeaway foods aren't all that satisfying anymore. And they don't seem to agree with me either ^_^'
My sleeping pattern is screwed up ever since the one week break. I hope to get it back in order over the weekend. I'm sleeping between 8am and 4pm... ugh.
My art is really bothering me. I want to get critique.
So both of these illustration classes I'm taking this semester revolve around peer feedback and peer grading. That's great. But there are people in the class who don't know what they're talking about and don't even listen to me when I explain my work. Also, I write a TONNE of feedback for everyone else but got a sentence (at best) back from everyone. So I e-mailed my Lecturer and explained how dissappointed I was and he gave me a virtual 'pat-on-the-back' for the great feedback I gave everyone else.
Why did I do it? Why did I spend so much time writing a mini paragraph for 15 people per class? Because I thought that everyone was as serious as I am. And then I only get a sentence back? Sure, it's nice to get compliments. Really nice. But I'm looking for ways I can improve!
I was planning on not giving feedback for the upcoming assessment. I thought 'Screw 'em!' But then my lecturer praised me for it and told me about some of the horrible feedback he had to erase! Some people had actually plainly put 'Your work is no good'! How horrible! And he also told the class a few weeks ago that if they didn't give feedback at all (or maybe even sufficient feedback) that they wouldn't be getting any back.
I hope that works, I really do!
That's all, gotta cut this short and continue with my modelling and animation assignment!
=3
No comments:
Post a Comment